Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
This recipe is from Jill Levien.
- 1.25 cups flour (or a mix of 1/3 starch to 2/3 gluten free flours plus
1 tsp xanthum gum)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini or summer squash
- 1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 2 TBSP almond oil
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 1 large egg or 2 large egg whites; lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spray grease about 10 muffin tins (small ones)
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Fill muffin tins about 2/3 - 3/4 full.
- Back 20-25 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.