Zucchini Pizza Crust
This recipe came from the original Moosewood Cookbook
- 3.5 cups grated zucchini or summer squash
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup flour (garbanzo flour worked fine here, but you won't
want to eat the pizza cold)
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 TBSP fresh basil (minced)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Salt the zucchini lightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Then squeeze out
extra moisture (I squeeze it in paper towels).
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Oil a 12-14" round pizza pan.
- Spread the crust mixture out evenly until it's a thickness you like
(i.e., a 12" pan will make a thicker crust; a 14" will allow for a thinner
- Bake 20-25 minutes until the surface is dry and firm.
- Brush the top with oil and broil it for 5 minutes (it will get brownish
- Top with whatever toppings you like, including sauce and then
back another 25 minutes.