This recipe came from Yuka Seltzer from her friend Junko.
- 1/3 pound ground pork
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 small head of cabbage
- 8 large dried shitake mushrooms
- 3 scallions
- 1 cup bean sprouts (mung beans)
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP potato starch
- Thai rice spring roll wrappers
- Peanut oil for frying
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Place dried mushrooms in boiled water and let it sit until mushrooms are
soft (while this is going on, dice the other vegetables). Then remove stems
and dice mushrooms.
- Heat olive oil and saute garlic; add ground pork and cook until brown.
- Added shredded carrots, finely chopped cabbage, bean sprouts, diced
scallion, diced mushroom.
- Saute until everything is pretty soft and wilted, perhaps 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain any excess liquid. Add potato starch and stir up to make dry.
- Wrap filling in rice spring roll wrappers (this makes about 16 rolls).
- Deep fry in hot peanut oil -- about 3 minutes per side seemed to work
well for me (I did 4 at a time in a wok).