GF/CF Pizza Dough
This recipe was derived from the Cheese Board Collective Cookbook's
yeast pizza dough.
- 0.5 cup potato flour
- 1 to 1.5 cup all purpose gluten-free flour (Red Mill brand)
- 1.5 cups rice flour
- 0.5 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 Tblsp yeast
- 0.5 Tblsp sugar
- 2 tsp xanthum gum
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
2 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- In the bowl for your mixer, whisk yeast into 1.5 cups of warm water
- Let yeast mixture stand for five minutes.
- Add olive oil, salt, sugar, xanthum gum, and
one-half cup potato flour, one-half cup all-purpose flour, and
1 cup rice flour
- Using the paddle attachment on low speed, mix for 5 minutes to form a
- Switch to a dough hook and add one-half cup each of rice, all-purpose
and buckwheat flour.
- Mix for 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Add up to one-half cup of additional all-purpose flour one tablespoon
at a time to form a soft dough with a nice sheen. It should be a little
sticky but not too wet.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a large oiled bowl, turning
over to coat it with oil.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for an
hour or until doubled.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and divide into four pieces
for individual sized pizzas.
- Form each into a loose round and cover with a twol; let rest for
- Roll out each round into an 8 inch disk and coat with favorite