Korean Seared Pollock
This recipe comes from Cape Ann Fresh Fish.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 green onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds pollock filet, cut into large chunks
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes and stock.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup. Let cool.
- Season and stir in oil.
- Toss with fish. Let stand 1 hour.
- Heat broiler.
- Broil fish 5 minutes each side.