GF/CF German Apple Cake
This recipe was derived from:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp (or more) vanilla
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup potato starch (not potato flour; be careful)
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1/3 cup (brown or white) rice flour
- 1.5 tsp xanthum gum
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- tsp baking soda
- 4 cups apples --peeled cored and sliced/diced (if you have a magic
peeler,slicer,corer, cut the stack into 6-8 wedges)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease and flour 9*13" backing pan.
- Beat eggs and oil in a mixer until creamy
- Add vanilla and sugars, beat again.
- Combine dry ingredients (flours, starches, xanthum, salt, soda, cinnamon)
in a small bowl.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to mixer, mixing gently.
- Fold in apples.
- Pour into pan and bake 40-45 minutes.
- Note: I typically mix whatever flours I have handy and that I think will
work with a dish -- I used the ones listed above, but was tempted to try
some sweet rice flour, coconut flour, and others. As long as you get the
2:1 ratio of GF flour to starch, things usually work out just great.