Chocolate Ganache (for cake construction projects)
This recipe is straight out of "Death by Chocolate" (Thank you
Aaron Temin) by Marcel Desaulniers.
It comes with the Granny Twichell cupcake recipe, but I use whenever
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate broken into small pieces
(you can use nice high quality stuff but
Tollhouse chocolate chips actually work just fine).
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Place the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl.
- Bring the cream to a boil.
- Dump boiling cream over chips.
- Let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk everything together until you get a lovely smoothe chocolatey
substance. It will be difficult, but do not eat it. It's really tasty,
but hold back -- it will make your baked goods wonderful!
- Let sit for about 5 minutes to let it cool and become just a bit less
- Chill after applying.