GF Dumplings (a take off on peking ravioli)
- 1 cup potato flour
- 1 cup garbanzo flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour/meal
- 2 tsp xanthum gum
- water to make a soft dough (about 2 cups, but add slowly until dough is workable)
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 cup (about) finely chopped napa cabbage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Makes about 27 dumplings
- Mix all filling ingredients and set aside
- Mix all try dough ingredients together
- Slowly add water to make a workable dough. It will be sticky, but
should hold together.
- Coat hands with oil.
- Roll dough into balls slighly smaller than a golf ball. Flatten dough
between two sheets (or a folded sheet) of parchment. Roll out into a
disk about four inches in diameter.
- Put about 1-2 tsp of filling into the middle of the dough circle. Fold
dough in half. Pinch edges of dumpling together. (I've not gotten this to
work the traditional chinese dumpling triple fold or with the plastic
- Freeze fully made dumplings. Boil about 15 minutes to eat.