GF/CF Donut Muffins
This recipe was derived from:
- 1.75 cups flour:
- 0.5 c Sorghum flour
- 0.5 c Soy flour
- 0.5 c Rice flour
- 0.25 c Potato starch flour
- 2 tsp xanthum gum
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp nutmet
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 c oil
- 0.75 c white sugar
- 1 egg
- 0.75 almond milk
- For the topping
- 4 Tblsp Fleischman's original margarine (if you need to avoid casein, then there
are few brands from which to choose; Fleischman's is the most commonly found one that
contains no whey).
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 Tblsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine flour mix, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Combine oil, sugar, egg, and almond milk in a smaller bowl.
- Dump liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir only to combine.
- Spray muffin tins.
- Divide batter into 10-12 muffins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes (check me on this; I think our oven might be off).
- While muffins are baking, melt the topping margarine and then mix the sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- When muffins are done, let them cool about 5 minutes.
- Take each muffin, bathe it in margarine (yea, this is kind of scary on the calories
front, but if you make 12 muffins, that's only 1 tsp of fat per muffin and I had a lot
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon mixture on the bottom, turn muffin over and sprinkle on the top -- being generous is OK.
- Best if eaten while warm, but work well cool too.