Curried Squash Soup
This recipe comes to me from Bob Sproull who cites Bon Appetit, August 2013.
- 3 T vegetable oil
- 2 large summer squash, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 t curry powder
- salt, pepper to taste
- 4 c low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add squash, onion, curry; cook until tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Add broth, bring to a boil, simmer until very tender, 25-30 mins.
- Puree until smooth (we use a stick blender).
- Serve warm or cold, topped with sour cream, cracked pepper
and cilantro sprigs.