Mexican Cod and Potato Stew
This recipe came from Cape Ann Fish Coop
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 pound red new potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound skinless cod fillet, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, corn, cumin, and chopped
cilantro; set aside.
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid, combine potatoes,
shallots, and oil. Season with salt and pepper; spread in an even
layer. Cover; microwave on high for 6 minutes.
- Place cod in a single layer around the edge of the dish, on top
of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon tomato mixture in
the center. Microwave on high until cod is cooked through and
potatoes are tender, 9 to 10 minutes. Gently stir to combine; garnish
with cilantro leaves.