GF/CF Chocolate Chip Scones
This recipe was derived from the Cheeseboard Collective Scone
Recipe (but modified).
- 1.75 cups All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- .25 cups potato starch flour
- .33 cups tapioca starch
- .25 cups sorghum flour
- .25 cups coconut flour
- .33 cups oat flour
- .33 cups brown rice flour
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) fleishman's non-dairy butter frozen, cut up into about 16 chunks (if you don't have to worry about dairy, use butter).
- 3/4 cup almond milk (if you don't need to worry about dairy,
use 3/8 cup cream and 3/8 cup buttermilk)
- scant 1 cup of Trader Joe's semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Put first 6 dry ingredients into the bowl of a mixer.
- Mix well.
- Add margarine and mix on low speed for about 4 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and mix.
- Add almond milk and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Gather it all up into a ball (still in the bowl)
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Place on parchment-covered baking sheet in small golf-ball sized balls.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each one.
- Bake 25 minutes.