Chocolate Pecan Drop Cookies
This recipe was derived from:
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1.5 cups roughly chopped pecans
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, with racks in middle and lower thirds.
- In a large bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate and pecans.
- Add egg whites and stir until combined (do not overmix).
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart, onto parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake until tops are dry and cracked, about 25 minutes,
rotating sheets halfway through.
- Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks.