GF/CF Chang's Spicy Chicken
This recipe was derived from:
- 2 packages of chicken breasts (2 large half-breasts each)
- 3 Tblsp cornstarch
- 2 Tblsp potato flour
- Canola cooking oil
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar (sushi vinegar)
- 2 tsp chili sauce
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Coat chicken with 2 Tblsp cornstarch and potato flour.
- Heat wok.
- Add oil to cooking wok until you have about a 7" diameter amount of
oil to cook in.
- Fry chicken pieces in small batches until golden -- don't let pieces
stick and make sure that they are cooked through. Drain chicken on paper
- Toss all but 6 tsp of the cooking oil.
- Add garlic and scallions to wok.
- Mix last Tblsp of cornstarch into chicken stock and rice vinegar.
- Add cornstarch mixture, chili sauce, and sesame oil to the wok.
- Add cooked chicken and stir together until chicken is well-coated
and everything is hot.
- Serve with steamed rice.