Americanized Dairy-Free version of Gajar Halwa
This recipe was derived from:
- 10 medium carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1-2 Tblsp cashews, chopped
- 1-2 Tblsp sliced blanched almonds
- 1-2 Tblsp raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 Tblsp dairy-free margarine
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Melt the margarine
- Add carrots and cook about 5-6 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Add almond milk and cardamom and cook until milk has
evaporated (about 10-15 minutes)
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with nuts and raisins.