This recipe is from Brenda Baker as told to Robin Packel.
The original recipe calls for a lot more black pepper, but for my family,
I had to cut it back. Still, this became an immediate favorite (my two
teenagers can eat two pounds of this easily!)
- 2t salt
- 2t sugar
- 1t black pepper (recipe originally said 3T)
- 2T onion (finely grated/chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2T soy sauce (gluten free)
- 2T lemon juice
- 2T peanut oil.
- 3t fresh red chili (original recipe calls for this, but we skip it in our household)
- Two pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs (or your favorite)
- Mix everything together except the chicken. I do this in a container
large enough to hold the chicken and shake it all up.
- Add the chicken and mix thoroughly.
- Marinate for at least an hour (although I've done it in half an hour
and it still works).
- Broil or grill, basting when you flip.