This recipe was derived from:
- 2 cups buckwheat flour (Trying it with Millet flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups cooked pureed pumpkin, squash or sweet potato
- 3 Tbsp of almond, sunflower, or safflower oil
- Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix the two together and add water until you have a thick, bread-like
batter (I find that it takes about 1.5 cups of water, but add it in small
units so you don't get a runny dough).
- Grease a 9 inch bread pan and bake about 45 minutes at 350 (my oven cooks
fairly quickly, so you might need a bit more time -- a skewer inserted
should come out cleanly).
- Notes: The original recipe calls for cabbage/coriander instead of
pumpkin/nutmeg. This worked well too, but my son preferred this one;
I'd go with the other to make the kaiser like bread.