Roasted Beet Hummus
This recipe comes from the Lindentree Farms newsletter and Delicious Living
This makes an amazingly bright red dip with the sweetness of beets. It
doesn't taste anything like regular hummus, but goes well with veggies
- 1 pound red beets, washed, peeled, and cut into chunks
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place beet chunks on a baking sheet;
drizzle with olive oil and spinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes,
or until tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer roasted beets to a food processor and add all remaining ingredients.
Blend until creamy. Adjust taste with lemon juice and salt. Refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Sprinkle with black sesame seeds for more drama (and nutrition).
- Serve as a veggie dip or with sesame, rice or nut crackers.