Crock pot Beef Barbacoa
This recipe was derived from:
- 2.5 - 3 pound boneless chuck roast
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- 1 small can chipotle chiles in adodo - 1 chie and 1 TBSP sauce
(I couldn't find this so I used two canned chiles and enchilada sauce).
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 TBSP tomato paste
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp peper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- Put everything except the meat into the blender/food processor and
blend until smooth.
- Spray the crockpot.
- Rinse and dry meat and place in crockpot.
- Pour the sauce over the meat.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or until the meat pulls apart with a fork.
- Pull the meat apart, mix with the sauce and then eat over rice, over
salad, or wrapped in lettuce leaves.