Fudgy Orange Zucchini Cake
This recipe was derived from the Lindentree Newsletter from
People will marvel that this cake actually has a ton of zucchini in it!
- 2.5 cups flour (.75 c tapioca starch; .75 c potato starch; 1 cup brown rice flour; 1 cup white rice flour; 2.5 tsp xanthum gum)
- .5 cups cocoa
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- .75 c butter (margarine in our house)
- 2 c sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- .5 c milk (almond milk for us)
- 3 c grated zucchini
- 1 TBLSP grated orange zest
- 1 c chopped nuts (optional)
I made this glaze the first time, but if I were doing it again, I'd
use either a white frosting or a fudge frosting
- 1.25 cups confectioners sugar
- .25 c fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and milk to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Fold in the zucchini, orange zest and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt cake pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes before turning out onto a rack.
- Make the glaze by mixing the sugar, orange juice and vanilla.
- While the cake is still warm, drizzle the glaze.